How to Use CBD in Any Vape Pen
You’ve read over and over about the potential benefits of vaping CBD. Vaping any substance gets it into your bloodstream more quickly than taking it orally, and in the case of CBD, vaping it also means that it’s more bioavailable. When you take CBD orally, the liver neutralizes a good portion of it before the rest reaches your bloodstream. Vaping CBD means that the liver doesn’t process it, which means that more of the CBD actually reaches general circulation. That makes the CBD more effective, and it also means that you get more for your money.
So, how can you use CBD with your vape pen? First, grab any small vape pen from a company like Blackout Vapors (click here). Once you’ve got your vape pen – you’re going to love this – it’s delightfully easy. There’s no need to even buy a bottle of CBD e-liquid, because you can make your own.
To make your own CBD vape juice, you need a container of powdered CBD isolate and a bottle of e-liquid. CBD dissolves in PG, but it doesn’t dissolve in VG. For the best result, you should use an e-liquid as high in PG as possible. Go for at least a 50/50 blend.
Why Should You Make Your Own CBD Vape Juice?
CBD vape juice is readily available from vape shops around the world, so you’re probably wondering at this point why you should go through the trouble of making it yourself. Here’s why.
- Pre-made CBD vape juice often doesn’t contain a lot of CBD for the money. If you’re making the juice yourself, it can be as potent as you like – and you’ll spend a lot less.
- Pre-made CBD vape juice usually doesn’t taste very good. If you’re making your own, you can add the CBD to an e-liquid with a flavor that you like.
- You know what’s in CBD vape juice if you make it yourself. If you make your own, you can be certain that it doesn’t contain Vitamin E or other undesired contaminants.
How to Make Your Own CBD Vape Juice
There are two ways to make your own CBD vape juice.
- You can buy a bottle of e-liquid – look for a blend containing at least 50 percent PG – and add the CBD isolate directly to the vape juice.
- You can buy a smaller bottle of unflavored propylene glycol and use it to make a CBD concentrate that you’ll then add to your e-liquid.
Regardless of the method you choose, the way that you’ll make the e-liquid is the same. Simply pry the nozzle off of the bottle, dump in the desired quantity of CBD isolate, close the bottle and give it a good shake. Regardless of the type of e-liquid that you use as a base, know that the CBD crystals will tend to precipitate out of the solution after the bottle sits around for a while. Shake the bottle every time you fill your vape pen. That’s it!
CBD isolate is more than 99-percent pure, so you can know how much CBD you’re adding to your e-liquid just by weighing the powder with a scale capable of measuring in milligrams. If you add 200 mg of CBD isolate to the bottle, then the bottle will have approximately 200 total mg of CBD. That makes it easy for you to control your dosage.
How to Use CBD E-Liquid With Your Vape Pen
You can use your CBD e-liquid with any vape pen; just fill the tank and vape as you normally do. For the best possible result, though, you want to use a smaller vape pen designed for mouth-to-lung inhaling. That’s because CBD vaporizes at a relatively low temperature, and the goal is to vaporize it – not to burn it. If you usually use a large sub-ohm vaping device, save that device for your nicotine vape juice and grab a smaller vape pen for CBD vaping.